Monday 7 July 2008

Eric Bibb, Eddy 'The Chief' Clearwater & Buddy Guy



Its a wet and cool Sunday Night in Vienne but we don't care because it's Blues Night!!

After a long and excellent lunch provided by Xavier & Marie and friends , all long time supporters of the festival (and willing volunteers at either the bars or on the gates of the venues) it was time for a touch of the Chicago Blues.

The three chosen artists, whilst all kings of the blues, do it in completely different ways. Eric Bibb, deeply religious and very passionate in his compositions and playing - Eddie 'The Chief' Clearwater, a brilliant showman, strutting the stage in full American Indian headdress (and no mean guitarist either!) - finally Buddy Guy who has not only his own distinctive style but can out play most of the blues guitar heroes that he will no doubt outlive.

This was a terrific show - 4 1/2 hours of pure guitar magic, that seemed to pass in the blink of an eye and the dark clouds and rain that had poured down all afternoon and early evening were simply blown out of the sky!

Eric Bibb


Eddie 'The Chief' Clearwater















Buddy Guy












I got de Blues!, My mama's left me and gone, my papa's hit the road, I'm left here on my own, yeah I sure got de blues...'

No comments: